Open A School OR Convert A School
We essentially work like a franchise system but of course are non-profit.
Core Foundations Academy is a model of education that is available to ALL free public schools – traditional schools and charter schools. Each school is independent so you can open a Core Foundations Academy or convert an existing school to the Core Foundations Academy model.
You Have 5 Options:
- Open a free public charter school using the Core Foundations Academy model.
- Convert your existing charter school to the Core Foundations Academy model.
- Open a new traditional public school using the Core Foundations Academy model.
- Convert your existing traditional public school to the Core Foundations Academy model.
- Convert your existing traditional public school to a free public charter school using the Core Foundations Academy model.
Core Foundations Academy Headquarters (HQ) is a non-profit organization that will support you through any of these five options.
How The Funding Works
Every free public school in America – both traditional and charter – are federally funded. Each school gets a specific amount of federal funds for each student enrolled based on the type of school (traditional or charter) and based on the location (which state or US territory and in some cases which district). In addition, we help you supplement your federal funds with private funding so that you have all of the funds you need to pay your staff well and provide the comprehensive programming required to meet Core Foundations Academy standards.
None of the five options outlined above require you to personally contribute money (other than the $260 Discovery Call fee, the $150 application fee, and the $600 First Step Call + Customized Action Plan), plus you could have a paid position within the school that you open or convert.
What Core Foundations Academy HQ Provides You
Regardless of which of the five options you choose, you’ll get:
- A customized game plan with action steps, checklists, how-to guides, and templates
- Support with implementation
- Most of the marketing for your school
- Legal support
- Funding and Budget Support
- Our world-class curriculum which includes personal development, emotional intelligence, racial equity, life skills and career skills
- Training and personal development for all of your faculty
- An online parent/guardian portal with on-boarding, training, and communications
- An online student portal with the curriculum, tools, resources and communications
- An online faculty portal with the tools, training and resources they need plus access to a special Core Foundations Academy “shopping site” where they can order all of the supplies they need such as signage, books, program supplies, and so on
- The online version of Core Foundations Academy which your students can roll into anytime if needed
- The uniform supplier, online catalog and student ordering system
- All of the programming for the optional Saturday Parent Day Program
- The how-to guides and resources for all of the different programs such as the in-school organic gardening program, the morning program, the after school programming, and so on
- Vending machines filled with healthy allergy-free snacks
- Set up with the Meals In Schools program which provides your students with free healthy meals and snacks
- Bathroom vending machines filled with all-natural feminine hygiene products and personal care products
How The Process Works
- Fill out the Inquiry Form below to let us know who you are, where you’re located, and which of the five options listed above you are most interested in.
- We’ll reach out to you to schedule a Discovery Call so that we can answer your questions and help you decide which of the five options is the best choice for you.
- We’ll send you a link to an online application. All applications require a $150 tax-deductible non-refundable application fee. Discovery Calls require a $260 tax-deductible non-refundable fee.
- We’ll reach out to you within 90 days of receiving your application to schedule your First Step Call. On this call we’ll discuss your vision and specific set of circumstances, the timeline and the level of support you’ll need.
- After your First Step Call we’ll get to work creating a customized game plan for you which will include a list of action steps. First Step Calls require a $600 tax-deductible non-refundable fee and this includes your customized game plan and list of action steps.
- We’ll support you through the entire process of opening or converting a school, and continue to support the school for as long as it’s in existence.
Do I have to be an educator to open or convert a school?
No. You could be a parent, community leader, administrator, or business person and successfully open a Core Foundations Academy.
Is there an option to provide online school?
Our model automatically includes an online program so that students have the option to attend Core Foundations Academy virtually. Students also have the option to roll into the online program anytime and then roll back into any Core Foundations Academy physical school. So if a family plans to travel for an extended period of time or the student has an extreme illness such as cancer or some other situation where online school would be better suited for them either temporarily or long term, the student can take advantage of the online program anytime.
Interested In Applying?
Great! Tell us more about you and your vision by filling out the short Inquiry Form below. After we receive your Inquiry Form, we’ll reach out to you to schedule a Discovery Call so that we can answer your questions and help you decide which of the five options is the best choice for you.