Why Work For Us
Looking for a job where your gifts and talents can have a profound impact on the lives of our nation’s youth?
Are you longing to work within an innovative organization that has sliced through the red tape and created an environment where you can actually do your job well and make a profound difference?
If you answered yes to these questions and you know you’re capable of amazing things and ready to play BIG on a nibble team that’s disrupting education in America, then you might be the perfect fit to join our revolution.
We’re looking for smart passionate people who are tired of the status quo in education and who want to truly make a positive impact. We have a variety of positions open for teachers, facilitators, and faculty at each we Core Foundations Academy school, as well as, positions at our virtual headquarters.
Another option is to open your own free public Core Foundations Academy, OR, convert your school to the Core Foundations Academy model of education. You can convert your traditional public school to our model, or convert your free public charter school to our model.
The Core Foundations Academy model of education is available to ALL free public schools – traditional schools and charter schools. Each Core Foundations Academy is an independent school. For more details on opening your own school or converting your school, click here.
Some things you should know before applying:
- Although we have a headquarters office in Pennsylvania, our headquarters team works virtually so if you take a job at our HQ, you’ll be working from home and occasionally traveling for meetings.
- In addition to licensed teachers, we employ people who are not necessarily licensed teachers to teach/facilitate life skill courses such as emotional intelligence, gardening, food preparation, First-Aid, dog/pet training, communication skills, negotiating, financial intelligence, entrepreneurship, healthy relationships and more. For these classes we’re looking for facilitators who are ideal for the position regardless of their education background. We provide a complete training program to our facilitators so as long as you have a high school diploma or GED, you can apply for a facilitator position.
- All of our schools are teacher/facilitator-empowered with a lean administration including a half-time principle. You’ll be able to custom-tailor your students experience and work with their parents to make smart decisions that are in the best interest for each student without a bunch of red tape in your way.
- We teach curriculum in a very innovative way which enables our students to learn significantly faster and get a deeper understanding of the knowledge. You’ll be trained on this new method and we’ll be continuing to refine and innovate every single year so you’ll be expected to learn new techniques and up-level your skills every year as well.
- Our classrooms are NEVER larger then 22 students and typically 10-15 students.
- Because of the highly effective teaching model we use, students rarely get more than 15 minutes of homework, with the exception of reading.
- You’ll be required to do a significant amount of personal development on an on-going basis so that you’re able to show up as your best-self for our students. The majority of the personal development programming that’s required will be provided to you, at no cost to you. It was designed by world-class experts and in addition to helping you be an amazing teacher/facilitator/faculty member, it’ll most likely improve every area of your life. Regardless of your position within our organization, personal development is required.
- We don’t believe in over-working our teachers, facilitators and faculty. It’s not good for you and it’s not good for our students. When a department or team member becomes overburdened, we bring in more resources. In addition to the federal funds we receive, we raise a significant amount of private funds so that we’re able to provide every single student a custom-tailored whole-child world class education without over-working our team.
- Our starting pay for all teachers and faculty is above the national average plus we provide a healthy benefits package and a substantial performance pay package. We do not have an Academic Tenure program nor do we believe in that program.
- All school faculty gets free cafeteria meals. All meals served in our school cafeterias are fresh whole-food based meals and free of all major allergens.
- All of our schools are year-round schools with a flexible J-Term in July. All teachers and facilitators get paid time off for the entire month of July (the J-Term is facilitated by student teachers and community members so that teachers can have a summer break). All teachers also get paid time off on major holidays, plus 2-4 days between each quarter, and an additional 15 flex days each year (a total of approximately 9.5 weeks of paid vacation).
- The school year starts in mid August (the specific day varies each year). Teachers and faculty start back a couple of weeks before the new school year starts. Teachers and facilitators are off during J-Term in July, then students are off on summer break at the beginning of August. Teachers start back in the beginning of August, and the new school year starts in mid August.
How To Apply To Work For Us
We’ll be posting specific open positions soon, in the meantime, please email us your resume without a cover letter.
In the body of your email tell us what type of position you’re seeking and why you’d be a fantastic contribution to our team.
Mandatory Compensation Disclosure
In compliance with state and federal laws, teacher compensation information is provided below. Because 2021 will be our first year of operation, below are estimates. After our first year of operation these estimates will be updated to exact figures. In this context, “teacher” means a “teacher employed in FY21”. Returning teachers will receive an average/estimated base compensation increase of 4.7% from FY21 to FY22.
PLEASE NOTE: The salary information below does NOT include benefits, bonuses or performance pay.
- Average salary of all teachers employed in budget year 2021 – $62,000
- Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year 2020 – N/A
- Percentage increase – N/A
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2020 – N/A
- Total percentage increase in average teacher salary since FY 2021 – N/A